Saturday, March 3, 2012

Is amnesia dark descent better than SH: Shattered Memories?

The two games have combat taken out of them to emphasize the meaning of true fear. But which out of the two is the most horrifying? I haven't played any of them, so i would like to know.Is amnesia dark descent better than SH: Shattered Memories?
I think that they are both terrifying in their own ways, but I find Amnesia a lot more terrifying. Maybe it's something to do with the light/sanity mechanics.



In addition to the sanity mechanics, I think that the most uniquely terrifying moments in Amnesia is when you are not seeing the monsters. The game really emphasises on what you don't see, and nothingness is absolutely horrifying. It kinda reminds me of that one part in "The Raven", where the narrator opens his door and finds nothing (which is scary!). ***Spoiler*** In one particular level many found terrifying, the enemy is even invisible, and you have to rely on the splashes on the water that they make. ***End spoiler***



Silent Hill is also a good horror game, but -- not counting the equally unsettling atmosphere -- I think the scary things in the game are more obvious. This may be just a personal preference, but I think Amnesia is a scarier horror game because it's a more unique experience.Is amnesia dark descent better than SH: Shattered Memories?
I've played Amnesia, it's a good and scary, but i prefer Penumbra.



i didnt play SH-SM so i cant tell u about that, Silent Hill 2 is my favorite, great story, scary as hell, sh3 also.

No comments:

Post a Comment